News and Events
October Monthly Meeting at Ridgeway Depot
Join us for our monthly meeting on Monday October 9th at 5:30pm on the Riley Tavern porch in Riley (right off the trail). We hope to see you there!
Trail Work and Closures
A sewer project, Pumping Station 17 Force Main Relief, Phase 2, is planned near Verona that will protect the environment and serve the community for years to come. This will impact sections of the trail between mile markers 1 and 4 late 2023 through summer 2024. The trail will remain open during construction. Find out more on the Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District Website
Most people who use the trail are considerate of others but occasionally, there are problems. If you have a complaint about users on the trail, you may call the DNR tip line: 1-800-847-9363.
Friends continue to:
- distribute and sell trail passes;
- assist with local walking and bicycling events;
- clear brush and control invasive plants;
- maintain current kiosks and develop new kiosks and signage;
- coordinate and offer opportunities to learn about the flora, fauna, geology, and history of the trail; and
- promote other trail related social and fund raising activities.