The mission of the Friends of Military Ridge Trail is to promote and enhance the use of the Military Ridge State Trail for the enjoyment of hikers, bikers, runners, snowmobilers, and skiers. We are committed to the preservation of the natural and historic aspects of the 40 mile trail that runs from Dodgeville to Verona, Wisconsin.
APRIL 13 MEETING OF FRIENDS OF MILITARY RIDGE TRAIL CANCELED BECAUSE OF COVID 19.
In celebration of Earth Day 50th, park and trail admissions will be waived from Saturday April 18th through Sunday April 26, 2020... We will still have the Free Fun Weekend (aka state parks open house) on June 6th.
The Friends, in cooperation with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources have:
Friends continue to:
- distribute and sell trail passes;
- assist with local walking and bicycling events;
- clear brush and control invasive plants;
- maintain current kiosks and develop new kiosks and signage;
- coordinate and offer opportunities to learn about the flora, fauna, geology, and history of the trail; and
- promote other trail related social and fund raising activities.